Cyanotype Hat Care Instructions
This hat is a unique piece of wearable art, the cyanotype print on the bottom of the brim is sun printed with local botanicals and is much like a cherished pair of vintage jeans with natural dye. To ensure its lasting beauty, please handle it with care and keep in mind the following care recommendations:
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure: While the cyanotype prints on the underside brim, exposing it to intense sunlight for extended periods may affect the colors over time. Like the gentle patina that forms on vintage jeans, some fading and shifting of colors might occur with sun exposure. Embrace these variations as they add character to your hat's design.
- Shield from excessive water exposure: The print on your hat has been treated with a water resistant spray to enhance water resistance, but it's best to avoid prolonged exposure to water and saltwater. If the hat gets wet, gently pat it dry with a soft cloth and allow it to air dry in the shade.
- Embrace the evolving colors: Much like your favorite pair of well-worn jeans, the cyanotype prints on your sun hat may change and develop a unique character over time. This natural transformation is part of the charm of cyanotype art. Embrace the journey as each mark and hue tells its own story.
- Store with care: When not in use, store your sun hat in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid placing heavy objects on top of it to prevent any deformation of the brim or damage to the prints.
- Gentle cleaning: If needed, clean your hat with a soft brush or damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the prints or the fabric.
By following these care instructions, you'll ensure that your sun hat remains a cherished piece in your collection, evolving gracefully like a cherished pair of vintage clothing. Wear it with pride and let it accompany you on your adventures, basking in the beauty of its ever-changing colors and the memories it holds.